- 2 cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/3 c Shortening
- 2/3 c milk
- 2 pint Strawberries
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 tb Butter
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- Preheat to Grease 8-inch round pan.
- In bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and 2 T sugar.
- Cut in shortening till looks like coarse crumbs.
- Add milk, quickly stir just till mixture forms soft dough and leaves sides of bowl.
Knead 10 times on floured surface.
- Pat evenly into cake pan, bake 15 min or till golden.
Wash and chop strawberries and mix with 1/2 c sugar.
Slice shortcake horizontally, and spread with the butter.
- Whip the cream.
Put half the berries on the bottom piece of cake.
- Place top on, then the other half of berries, then cream..
- Calories: 259
- Fat: 13.2194400544 grams
- Carbs: 33.0165377323 grams
- Protein: 4.36907145813 grams